Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Storyteller


I forget how badly I paint. It's not that my knowledge of colour or tone it particularly bad, but more that I get overwhelmed with what you can do, and have a habit of overthinking and overworking the most basic things. This started out as a speedpainting, but I gave up, blurred it all and changed to a tonal study. I'd like to come back to the picture though, the original is quite a beautiful photo.

While in most ways I feel like I was a generation too late to really get the chance to appreciate Jim Henson, he seems like an incredible man. If it wasn't so late I'd wax on forever about the guy, but even from the little I know of him he seems like a man to aspire to be like.

2 comments:

  1. The colors you have here are beautiful. I dig your stuff. Keep rocking.

    •Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! You're really encouraging me to try a lot harder.

    ReplyDelete