Wednesday 15 June 2011

INSPIRATION #1

After being shouted out by a couple of loverly fellas, I thought I'd follow the trend and post some artists that float my boat!



Amélie Fléchais


ssoja's art inspires me pretty much every time I see it. As someone who can't paint for shit, I always love her watercolours, and how she balances pattern with solid shapes, 2-d with 3-d rendering. Even her simple work as an amazing atmosphere to it.





Christophe Marchetti

A lot of this guy's newer work reminds me of Taiyo Matsumoto's Takemitsu Zamurai and Sunny stuff. I haven't actually read any of Marchetti's comics yet, but I'm really curious to see how he tells stories.




Maciej Kuciara
I still don't fully know how to pronounce his name.




His websites down atm, so here's his deviantart.
Something I found on a pixiv hunt a while ago:

Quick blast from the past: No matter what people think of Dragonball Z, Dragonball is still an amazing comic. I think it was the first comic after primary school age (post Beano and Spider-man) that really kickstarted my current love for the medium. While everyone loves the Akira bike, this one always has a spot in my heart as my dream vehicle :)


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment