Thursday 19 July 2012

GLORY

Crap, it's been a while!  I've actually been arting in the meantime, but completely slipped in my blogging.  I actually feel pretty bad about that...

Anyway!  Here's some work based on Glory, the Image Comics revamp helmed by Ross Campbell and the indefatigable Joe Keatinge.  I haven't met Ross before, but Joe is one of the nicest guys you'll meet, and tries to give everyone a break.  Buy him a drink if you ever meet him!  Brandon Graham et al's Prophet rocks my world too, but Glory just somehow ticks my boxes as a damn good adventure comic.  Just a really violent one!  

On to the art:


I've been experimenting a little lately with some different techniques in photoshop- I think I spent a little too much time on the above piece  for it to be efficient, but I had damn good fun working on it.  As tends to be the case with me, the linework took no time at all, but the colouring took forever and an age.  This was actually made before the issue where Glory has crazy braids!  But hey, great minds think alike.

The rest of the sketches below were generally made before I'd actually read the comic, which I think you can sort of tell by the slightly different tone to em.  


[^ This one I actually really liked, but just couldn't get it to work in a finished piece.  And I just couldn't think of a decent creature design to fit it for the life of me!]
 
[^ While not intentional at the time, I'm 90% sure the blood on this was inspired by Cory Walker's early Invincible run.  I haven't read that in years, but used to be a fan in my teens]

I feel like there should be some kind of link at the end, so whilst we're on the theme of superhuman musclebound women, go see this.

See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment